Strife


For all my writing wherever I use the words "Teacher", "Mentor", "Preacher", "Guide" 
are synonyms for my 
"Dada"



A battered guy. Strife.
My life
is a continuous
apology.
It's okay,
you'll never do it again.
But you will - none
of us can deny our humanity.

Mortality. We die -
our bodies blend into
the flame of the
Earth that created us.
Don't bury me,
when I go - I long to
be an eternal fire.

Don't mind the bruises
on my arms  - on my ribs -
better than cuts- no?
I put them there. Yes -
I can actually -
- really hit that hard.
Ask my knuckles - or
my teacher.
On a preacher -
a bruise is just a
multicolored coat.

You'll know
how that shadow
crawls within my blood - begging
for a way to stay inside
out...out...out...
GET OUT.

I Loathe you - you
who makes me doubt
my conviction - you
who stares at me with
a bleak, knowing stare - you
who laughs at me stoically -you
who laughs when I tear...
apart...
at...
my...
s..e..a...m..s.. - you
sorry - sorry -you who
forces me to my knees -
swollen with years of wounded
flesh - scored and scarred
black and blue
and You.

This time was the last - I
promise I won't last
another day - Enough.
The end of meditation - the
dawn of tears and shame -
and the Glass bowls
send metallic
--stat-c-

--
----

and- I wish I had myself
to dull the pain
but my
room was turned to ashes
and my
skin has turned to blisters
oh - how I wish
that this bruising - contusing
could be my shelter -
my cloak of invisibility
that I so long - so long -
to find...

And the stars shine
too brightly
for the City to feel okay.
Discomfort rains upon us
in the acid drops
of shame.

Night is where I travel
to the lands
where magic wakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Anti-aging skin treatments: Skin care myths and truths

WTF - Yes you guessed it just right