Shifts


Shifts


you want me to see
through this murky blackness
and use my eyes
when they are caked with mud. 

I can't even breathe, 
through this foamy fog,
and you want me to scream
and wave my fighter's flag. 

How can you even
know what I go through
scraping my knees
on jagged tiled grounds. 

Scratching at skin 
that is too raw to start healing. 
I can't even see
what you want from me. 

Bring me your blame
Your guilt, your anger
Leave me with pain 
that I cannot see. 

Ice melts in my hand
too hot from stuffed embers
Your ashes live silently
as cancerous cells. 

My lungs pushing out
what you try to shove deeper
Get out of me, 
I beg you just leave.

God, just get out of me. 
It's almost a decade. 
Don't you think its enough?
You sit on my head. 

I just have had enough. 
Just let me deal
with what it is that I have to
and leave me alone, just go - 

find someone else. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Male Machoism??? Crazy Crap

8 Indian spices that prevent cancer