How a daughter was raised.....

How a daughter was raised.....
(A brilliant first hand account, from a wise well meaning soul)....

"My Dad always 'sounded' it in my ears....."Simi, you must be 'tough'. Being 'girlish' & being 'ladylike', is not an excuse for 'weakness'." He says this, to me & my sisters, even today. All the children were 'raised' to do the 'masculine', as well as the 'feminine' tasks. My sisters' & I, started 'winding' a 15 KVA generator as soon as we got one. I 'learnt' how to wash a 'car' (internal & external), before I was 16. I started 'learning driving' immediately after 'secondary' school. My Dad told me, before he allowed me to drive out 'independently', that I must learn to change 'car tyres'. I remember my Dad saying to me, "If you are 'driving' on a lonely 'highway' & you need to change your 'tyre', what would you do? You would get down & change it.... that would be the 'common sense' thing to do. It's a 'survival skill' for drivers."
My brother!!
He started 'washing' the dishes as soon as he could reach the sink & 'handle' the dishes. He started cooking 'simple meals' even before he was 10. He started 'washing' his socks & under wears before he reached 7. He started 'handling his laundry' before the 'age of 11', when he had to go to 'boarding' school. In my house, the rule was (& still is), that 'anyone who eats' must be able to get 'involved in the kitchen', when required. My father told me, I can be 'President, not 'first lady'. There is nothing wrong with being a first lady, but there's also nothing wrong with somebody else, being the 'husband' of the President. Thus, if you tell your 'son' that he can be President, you should also tell your 'daughter', that she can be President, as well.
The 'hidden but significant psychology' behind this, is that telling your daughter that she can be President, pushes her to being 'great', where as, telling her, that she can be a 'first lady' pushes her to aspire to marry a 'great man' & probably 'reduces' the needed inspiration to aspire to exercise her maximum potentials.
* We need not 'teach our girls' to believe that the best they can be, is to 'exist under the success of a man' - their husbands.
* It is a 'disfavour to humanity', to raise a son with the 'impression', that he is better than other females.
* Raise your daughters to understand, that they are not 'inferior to males.'
* Teach your sons to be as 'domesticated' as your daughters & push your daughters to 'attain financial independence', as much as you would push your sons.
This way, we will raise a 'less entitled' & 'more responsible' generation, 'equipped' with all the vital survival skills & with less 'handicaps'.
'Charity' begins at 'home' - not in the 'offices' or 'work places' &....."Equality begins at home", too...."


Think about it...
Cheers...
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Navy Call List - Military Phonetic Alphabet

Male Machoism??? Crazy Crap

8 Indian spices that prevent cancer