Intelligent people have less friends
Intelligent people have less friends. The more 'real' you are, the fewer friends you have.
1. You’re liberated in your own speech, thoughts, & actions, which can be contrary to those of your “friends.” You have a strong mind & values. Your mind isn’t limited & you always have something to say. You think differently to others, but you’re not bothered by their opinions on it.
2. You don’t have time for forced fake catch-ups, or pointless conversations, trying to keep up with what everyone is up to. So, you mostly spend time alone. You don’t care about the latest trends or latest music. You have little interest in materialistic things. You also don’t have FOMO (fear of missing out), so you’re quite content doing your own thing. Your world seems to flourish more on your own.
3. You can see beyond people’s 'try hard' persona, so you distance yourself from people who aren’t worth your time. These people are known as 'social climbers'. They try to get involved with certain people, for the sake of being popular, or simply to look good..(I have lost a little faith in humanity).
4. You talk less & listen more, so you find yourself sitting back observing the norms of today - the postings on social media, backstabbing, unloyal partners & disrespectful behaviour. It puts you off because you’re far more mature. You see more to life. You believe in radiating the energy you want to be, around. You are humble & encouraging to all, but you don’t put your time & trust into people who don’t deserve it.
5. You don’t get involved in drama. You don’t thrive off it like others do. Family is very important to you. You would rather watch an episode with your sister, then go to a bar with the guys. The unnecessary drama that comes with a night out, is exactly what you avoid, because you know you’ll regret it when they instantly put you in a bad mood. You prefer doing things according to your own terms/will.
6. You don’t need to prove your worth to anyone. You’re happy with yourself. You’re independent & strong. You don’t rely on others. You can support yourself. You don’t need to wake up to 10 snapchats or 300 Instagram 'likes', to be able to smile every morning. You’re grateful for the little things. You don’t feel the need to be accepted by anyone, but yourself.
7. You have already worked out who your real friends are, so you don’t feel the need to have any new ones. You are aware of who’s curious & who’s concerned. You are very cautious when letting people in your life, unless someone throws your mind for a whirlwind & is as compatible as you. And by this is meant: thinks the same, expresses the same & has the same values. That’s the only time you let a new person in your life. But it still isn’t as easy as that. You still test them in situations, to see if they really care about you as a person, or if they just want to know your tricks of the trade.
8. You’re an old soul, so you have visions for the future. You feel uncomfortable telling your dreams to small minded people. You work hard to achieve your goals & you don’t have time for setbacks. While others are trying to plan their night out at the club, you’re grinding. You see more than just going to a club, you see a life you want to chase. Your focus is different. Your time is being invested on growth. You don’t expect people to understand what you’re up to.
Eventually, they’ll see.....