The difference between the poor & rich nations
The difference between the poor & rich nations is not the age of the nation. This can be demonstrated by countries like India & Egypt, which are more than 2,000 years old & are still poor countries. On the other hand, Canada, Australia & New Zealand, which only 150 years back, were 'insignificant', today are developed & rich countries. The difference between the poor & the rich nation, does not depend on the available natural resources. Japan has limited territory, 80% mountainous, unsuitable for agriculture or farming, but is at No. 3 in the world's economy. The country is like an immense floating factory, importing raw material from the whole world & exporting manufactured products. A second example is Switzerland. It does not grow cocoa, but produces the best chocolates in the world. In her small territory, she rears animals & cultivates the land, only for four months in a year; nevertheless she manufactures the best milk products. A small country, which is an image of security, which has also made it the strongest world bank. Executives from rich countries who interact with their counterparts from poor countries, show no significant intellectual differences. The racial or colour factors do not also evince importance: migrants, heavy in laziness in their country of origin, are forcefully productive in rich European countries.
What then is the difference?
The difference is the "attitude" of the people, moulded for many years by education & culture. When we analyze the conduct of the people from the rich & developed countries, it is observed that a majority of them, abide by the following principles of life:
1). Ethics, as basic principles.
4). The respect for laws & regulations.
5). The respect from a majority of citizens by right.
6). The love for work.
7). The effort to save & invest.
8). The will to be productive.
In the poor countries, only a small minority, follow these basic principles in their daily life.
* We are not poor because we lack natural resources, or because nature was cruel towards us. We are poor, because we lack "attitude".
* We lack the will to follow & teach the principles of working, of the rich & developed societies.
* We are in this state, because we wish to take advantage of everyone & everything.
* We are in this state, because when we see a wrong doing, we say, 'Let it be'.
* We need to have a spirited memory & a positive attitude....only then will we be able to change our present state.
Think about it...